Wenger Confirms Injury Boost With Star Set For Early Comeback

By on January 25, 2015


Arsene Wenger has revealed that Jack Wilshere is even further ahead of schedule and could return from his ankle injury in around three weeks time.

Wilshere has been on the sidelines since damaging ankle ligaments against Manchester United back in November following a rash challenge from Paddy McNair.

The 23-year-old was initially not expected back until some time in March but Arsene revealed earlier this month that the midfielder was progressing well and could return by the end of February.

However, the boss has now given a further update and says that as long as Jack doesn’t suffer any set-back in training, he should be available again by mid-February.

Wenger told the Daily Mail:

‘If he has no setback instead of being back the end of February, he could be back in mid-February,’ Wenger said.

A return in mid-February would mean Wilshere will be back in just 3 weeks and he could be in contention for the fifth round of the FA Cup on Feb 15th – should we beat Brighton this afternoon.

If we’re knocked out of the cup, then Jack could make his comeback at Crystal Palace the following week.


One Comment

  1. zaks

    January 25, 2015 at 2:26 pm

    Good one

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>