- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
- Ratings: Hat-trick hero Ozil shines as Arsenal thrash Ludogorets
- Video: Arsenal 6-0 Ludogorets: Ozil bags hat-trick in rout
- Teams: Arsenal v Ludogorets: Gibbs & Coquelin start
- [Tweet] Arsenal ace ‘can’t wait’ to play as he closes in on comeback
Wenger Confirms Injury Boost With Star Set For Early Comeback
Arsene Wenger has revealed that Jack Wilshere is even further ahead of schedule and could return from his ankle injury in around three weeks time.
Wilshere has been on the sidelines since damaging ankle ligaments against Manchester United back in November following a rash challenge from Paddy McNair.
The 23-year-old was initially not expected back until some time in March but Arsene revealed earlier this month that the midfielder was progressing well and could return by the end of February.
However, the boss has now given a further update and says that as long as Jack doesn’t suffer any set-back in training, he should be available again by mid-February.
Wenger told the Daily Mail:
‘If he has no setback instead of being back the end of February, he could be back in mid-February,’ Wenger said.
A return in mid-February would mean Wilshere will be back in just 3 weeks and he could be in contention for the fifth round of the FA Cup on Feb 15th – should we beat Brighton this afternoon.
If we’re knocked out of the cup, then Jack could make his comeback at Crystal Palace the following week.