- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
Arsenal To Meet Strikers Agent Today Ahead Of Potential €20m Move
Some interesting reports coming out of Italy today that claim the agent of Roma striker Mattia Destro will meet with Arsenal officials today to discuss a potential move.
Destro has started just 9 Serie A games for Roma this season and although he’s score 5 goals in those appearances, there has been increasing speculation that he could be on the move.
Arsenal have long been linked with the 23-year-old and many reports suggest we’re keen on bringing him to the Emirates this month – despite Arsene Wenger insisting he’s only interested in strengthening his defence in January.
Now, Italian outlet Calcimercato.it are reporting that Destro’s agent will meet with Arsenal chiefs today to talk over a potential move.
It’s thought Roma would prefer a straight €20m (£15m) sale, but we could look to take him on loan with a view to making it more permanent in the summer if things work out well.
Who knows how much truth there is behind this report but I’d personally be surprised to see us sign an attacker this month.
However, there is talk that Joel Campbell could leave on loan so perhaps we’re looking at Destro as a replacement for the Costa Rican?
It would make sense to sign the Italian on loan if Campbell is off, and then Arsene could re-evaluate his attacking options in the summer, but we’ll have to see if anything comes of this.