- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
£15m Striker Set To Become Arsenal’s THIRD January Signing – Report
It looks like Arsene Wenger hasn’t finished in the transfer market as reports are claiming that Arsenal are set to wrap up a deal to sign Roma forward Mattia Destro.
Krystian Bielik is already in the bag and Gabriel Paulista is expected to be officially announced today after he completed his medical and was granted a work permit on Monday.
Many thought that would be us finished in the market this month but Arsene confirmed at his press conference last week that he may look to bring in further reinforcements and now the Daily Star are now citing reports in Spain that claim Mattia Destro is ‘likely’ to become our third January signing.
Destro has been strongly linked with a move to the Emirates this month with reports suggesting we met with the strikers agent in London last week to discuss a potential move.
Those talks must have gone well as the Star seem to think the 23-year-old is now heading to the Emirates either in a £15m permanent move or on loan until the end of the season.
If these reports are accurate, then I’d expect us to sign him on a six month loan deal with a view to making it permanent in the summer.
We’ve just loaned out Lukas Podolski, Joel Campbell and Yaya Sanogo, so there’s certainly room for another forward in the squad and Destro would be an excellent short-term addition which would allow Arsene to reassess his attacking options in the summer.
The Italian international has only started 9 games this season but his record overall at Roma is superb, with 23 goals in 52 games. He’s predominantly a striker but can also play out wide so he’d give the boss plenty of options and depth in attack if he does join the club this month.
I have a feeling we will make one more signing after Gabriel is confirmed and Destro is looking the most likely candidate…..