- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal Handed Major Injury Boost With Star Set For Swift Return
Arsenal have been given a timely boost with Arsene Wenger revealing that Jack Wilshere is progressing quicker than expected in his recovery from an ankle injury.
Wilshere has been on the sidelines since suffering his latest ankle problem against Manchester United in late November and wasn’t expected back until some time in March after undergoing surgery.
However, it appears the 23-year-old could be set for a swift return as Arsene has confirmed the midfielder is ahead of schedule and could be back in action by late February.
“Jack is progressing quicker than expected – he could be back by the end of February,” source: Goal
After a season filled with injury frustration, it would be a welcome surprise if Wilshere does come back sooner than expected.
A return in late February would see Jack come into contention for our Champions League first leg clash with Monaco on the 25th and he’d be able to play a real part of the season run-in, so let’s hope he continues to progress well and gets back as soon as possible.