- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Arsenal Eye Brazilian Defender After ‘Pulling Out’ Of Perrin Deal
According to L’Equipe, Arsenal have withdrawn their interest in Loic Perrin and switched their attention to Brazilian defender Gabriel Paulista.
Arsene Wenger is expected to sign a new centre-back this month and Perrin has emerged a realistic target in recent weeks.
The 29-year-old revealed last week that we’d been in touch to discuss a move to the Emirates and reports have suggested we’ve held positive talks with Saint-Etienne over a potential €6m deal.
However, French outlet L’Equipe are reporting this morning that after being in contact with Perrin’s camp ‘repeatedly’ in recent days, we’ve now pulled out of the deal and turned our attention to Gabriel Paulista.
Paulista is currently on the books at Villarreal and has been impressing in defence since joining the side in 2013. However, there is one major stumbling block over any potential deal as the 24-year-old is yet to earn any caps for the Brazilian national team so is unlikely to gain a work permit.
I think we’re likely to see a number of players linked over the coming weeks but I personally don’t expect any serious business to be done until the final days of the transfer window. Arsene admitted as much last month.
As long as we bring in a top class centre-back, and hopefully a holding midfielder, I’ll be happy. Until then, just enjoy the transfer rumours….