- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
Arsenal ‘Hold Successful Talks’, Hope To Seal Defender Deal Soon
Arsenal are hoping to seal a deal for Loic Perrin quickly after holding successful opening talks with Saint-Etienne, according to reports in France.
Arsene Wenger is expected to sign a new defender this month and Perrin has emerged as the most realistic target in recent weeks.
The 29-year-old revealed last week that we’d been in touch to discuss a potential move to the Emirates and now it appears we’ve stepped up our interest even further.
French outlet Sports.fr are reporting that Arsenal officials have held positive talks with the players club and now Arsene has supposedly made Perrin his No.1 target.
The report states that we’ll follow up with a firm bid soon as the boss hopes to tie the deal up quickly and get the centre-back on board as soon as possible.
Perrin has been with Saint-Etienne his entire career but it’s understood the Ligue 1 club are prepared to sell for a fee in the region of €8m-€10m.
If we can land him for around £6m then that would leave us plenty of money left over to bring in an established midfielder, and although Perrin may not be the big name some had hoped for, he’d certainly give us an experienced alternative to Per or Kos at the back.
We’ll have to see how things develop but at this stage, Perrin seems like the most likely defender to arrive this month….