- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
Arsenal Agree Personal Terms With The ‘Next Patrick Vieira’
Some interesting developments on the future of Krystian Bielik today with reports in Poland claiming that Arsenal have now agreed personal terms with the defensive midfielder.
The Bielik-to-Arsenal rumours kicked off last week when it was claimed the 16-year-old had travelled to London to hold talks with Arsene Wenger about a potential move to the Emirates.
Then speculation over the weekend suggested that we were closing in on a deal after tabling a bid worth £1.6m to his current club, Legia Warsaw.
It’s not clear if they have now accepted our offer, but the Daily Star claimed yesterday that we had taken a huge step closer to securing his signature after persuading his parents that a move to Arsenal was best for their sons future.
Now, it appears the deal is almost complete as reports in Poland on Tuesday afternoon stated that we have now agreed personal terms with Bielik worth just £104,000-per-year.
That sounds like a ridiculously low salary in today’s footballing world, but it’s actually a 400% pay-rise on what he currently earns in Poland and I’m sure he’ll quickly move up the pay grades if he’s successful at Arsenal. Plus, he’s still only 16.
It’s thought Arsenal are pushing for a deal to be completed in January, but the players parents would prefer he waits until the summer and sees out the rest of the season with Legia Warsaw.
Bielik and his family have been invited by the club to watch Arsenal play QPR on Boxing Day and I’m sure we’ll try and take the opportunity to get a deal resolved once and for all. Whether that will be for January or the summer remains to be seen, but all the signs are that Bielik will be heading to the Emirates in the near future.
Despite his tender years, Bielik already stands at 6ft 2ins and is powerfully built for his age, so it’s no surprise he’s been likened to a certain Patrick Vieira by some corners of the media.
He’s obviously not the established defensive midfielder we all want the club to sign in January but he’s highly-rated and looks to have a bright future ahead of him, so let’s hope we can secure his signature as it would be something of a coup.
Then Arsene can get working on bringing in a top class centre-back and holding midfielder!