- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Injured Arsenal Star Reveals “I’ll Resume Training Next Week”
Arsenal defender Mathieu Debuchy has handed the club a major boost after revealing he’ll rejoin full training next week.
Debuchy joined Arsenal from Newcastle in the summer but his career at the Emirates got off to a terrible start as he damaged ankle ligaments against Manchester City in September.
However, the 29-year-old has confirmed in an interview to L’Equipe that he is set to return to full training next week and is targetting a return to the first team on Boxing Day at the latest.
The right-back told the French newspaper:
“I think I’ll resume group training next week. I’ve been sidelined for ten weeks, but it should go pretty fast from now on.”
“The goal is to be fit for the end of the year with a view to playing on Boxing Day, or even a little before.”
Obviously it will be a huge boost to have Debuchy back in the squad as he’s been sorely missed over the past 10 weeks.
Calum Chambers has deputised extremely well but with Koscielny struggling with a niggling Achilles injury this season, we need the youngster to act as cover in the middle, so having Debuchy back will be huge for us, especially during the busy festive period.
Hopefully he doesn’t suffer any set-backs when he returns to full training….