- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Arsene Wenger Reveals Double Arsenal Injury Boost
Finally some positive injury news to bring you with Arsene Wenger confirming that Mathieu Debuchy and David Ospina will return to full training next week.
As we reported yesterday, Debuchy told reporters in France that he’s set to resume training and is hoping to make his playing comeback against Queens Park Rangers on Boxing Day.
The boss has now confirmed this at his pre-match press conference this morning ahead of tomorrow’s clash with Southampton after revealing that Debuchy is a week away from returning to first team training.
You’d expect he’ll then need a couple of weeks to get his fitness up before being in contention for a first team return, although Olivier Giroud came straight back in after his injury so we could possibly see Debuchy before the QPR game.
Wenger also gave some positive news on Ospina as he too is due to resume full training next week after several weeks out with a niggling thigh injury.
The Colombian was hugely unfortunate to pick up his injury when he did as with Szczesny currently out with a hip problem, he’s missed an excellent opportunity to stake his claim for the No.1 shirt in recent weeks.
But he’s almost back now so hopefully he can stay injury-free and compete with Wojciech for the first team spot – that’s if either of them can displace Emiliano Martinez, who’s been impressing in their absence recently!
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) December 2, 2014