- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
£12m Midfielder ‘Hopeful Of Joining Arsenal’ In January
German midfielder Sami Khedira is ‘hopeful’ of joining Arsenal during the January transfer window, according to reports today.
Khedira was strongly linked with a move to the Emirates during the summer but we were unable to agree a deal, and ended up not signing any new defensive midfielder at all.
The 27-year-old is now in the final year of his contract at Real Madrid and is expected to leave in January after rejecting their latest extension offer.
Reports over the weekend claimed that we had reopened talks with the players camp and had now agreed personal terms over a move.
The only thing standing in our way is agreeing a fee with Madrid but they have made it clear they would rather cash-in than lose him for nothing next summer, and some reports have suggested the European champions would be willing to accept around £12m to sell this winter.
That is obviously an excellent deal for a player of his quality and it seems Khedira is going to do everything in his power to ensure a move goes through as the Daily Star are reporting that the midfielder is growing increasingly hopeful of moving to North London in January.
In fact, the newspaper headline even goes as far to suggest that he’s ‘desperate’ to join Arsenal, despite interest from the likes of Chelsea, so it appears we’re firmly in the driving seat to secure his signature as long as we can get a deal agreed with Madrid.
Despite the fact he’s not the out-and-out defensive midfielder I think we need, a player like Khedira would make a huge difference to our team, so hopefully we can push through a move this winter.