- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Arsenal AGREE Personal Terms With Chelsea Target Over January Move
Some interesting reports are doing the rounds this evening that claim Arsenal have agreed personal terms with long-term target Sami Khedira over a potential January switch.
Khedira was strongly linked with a move to the Emirates over the summer but a deal is understood to have collapsed due to the German international’s wage demands.
The 27-year-old is in the final year of his contract at Real Madrid and has so far rejected all offers of an extension, which has led to speculation he could be on the move in January.
Chelsea and Man Utd have been touted as potential suitors but it appears we’ve now stolen a march on our rivals with the Daily Star claiming that we’ve agreed personal terms with the player ahead of a January switch.
The newspaper doesn’t state what kind of deal we’ve supposedly agreed, but they do say a move is now on the table as long as we can agree a fee with Madrid.
The Spaniard’s are believed to be keen to cash-in this winter to prevent losing the midfielder for nothing next summer, so Arsene Wenger is looking to bag himself a bargain.
It’s difficult to know how much to read into these reports but if true, Khedira would be an excellent addition if we could manage to wrap up the deal in January.
He may not be the conventional defensive midfielder we need, but he’d certainly add a real presence to the side and bring with him a huge amount of experience as well as quality.
Khedira is a versatile player and although he’s been playing more of a box-to-box role for Germany and Madrid at times, he is more than capable of playing the holding role, so could be an excellent foil for the likes of Jack Wilshere and Aaron Ramsey.