- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Wenger Offers Injury Update On Ozil, The Ox + Koscielny
Arsene Wenger has given an injury update on Laurent Koscielny, Mesut Ozil and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain after all three picked up knocks during Arsenal’s 1-1 draw at Leicester on Sunday.
Koscielny had to have staples in a head wound he picked up just before the Leicester equaliser and many were surprised to see him return to the field wearing what looked like a swimming cap.
He only lasted five minutes before being replaced by Calum Chambers and Arsene insists the Frenchman wasn’t concussed, but just asked to come off as the cut on his head kept bleeding and he should be fit in about a week.
Ozil also received treatment on the sidelines in the 80th minute after appearing to turn on his ankle, but the German soldiered on until the end as we had already used our three subs. Arsene acknowledged the injury in his post-match thoughts but didn’t give any indication on it’s severity.
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain also appeared in discomfort during the final few minutes and the boss confirmed he picked up a calf injury, but he’s confident the injury isn’t a bad one.
Here’s what he told Arsenal.com:
on taking Koscielny off…
Because I had been told he had nothing serious and that he can come back after two minutes with two clips on his head. That was the medical opinion. After that he asked to come off. He continued to bleed a little bit and didn’t feel comfortable moving. He was not concussed, he was open on the top of his head. He didn’t feel comfortable to head the ball after that.
on why he took Koscielny off…
Because after that, he asked to come off because he continued to bleed a little bit and he didn’t feel comfortable moving.
on whether he was concussed…
No, he was not concussed, he had a little opening on the top of his head. Maybe he didn’t feel comfortable to head the ball after that.
on how long he will be out for…
In one week he should be alright.
on a possible injury to Oxlade-Chamberlain…
It doesn’t look too bad but I don’t know more. We had Ozil with an ankle and Oxlade-Chamberlain with a calf. Of course Koscielny as well.
Another game and three more injuries. Thankfully none sound serious and we’ve got two weeks off now until the next game, so we should have several players back in contention for the game against Manchester City.