- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Wenger Makes Two Changes: My Arsenal Starting XI To Play Besiktas
Arsenal take on Besiktas at the Emirates tomorrow night in a huge game with widespread implications. A 0-0 draw in the first leg leaves the tie in the balance but we should be confident of progressing at home. This is the team I’d go with:
Obviously Wojciech Szczesny will start in goal and I’d expect Laurent Koscielny to return to the defence having missed the Everton draw as a precaution due to his troublesome Achilles injury.
Per Mertesacker’s experience will be important so despite Calum Chambers’ encouraging start to life at the club, I’d go with the German. Kieran Gibbs is still out with a hamstring injury so Nacho Monreal will continue at left-back.
Aaron Ramsey is suspended after his soft sending off last week while Mikel Arteta is injured, so Mathieu Flamini and Jack Wilshere should partner each other in the middle of the park.
I’m not a fan of Mesut Ozil playing from the left so he should be restored centrally with Santi Cazorla coming back in on the left. Olivier Giroud is of course now out injured so Arsene has a problem up front.
I’d personally go with Alexis Sanchez with The Ox on the right. Alexis didn’t work up front away at Everton in the first half but at home against a poor Besiktas side he should have more joy.
This side should have more than enough to beat Besiktas tomorrow. Let’s hope we can get the job done with minimal fuse and book our place in the group stages of the Champions League.
What team would you select?