- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
PHOTO: Egyptian Captain Snapped Training With Arsenal Ahead Of Possible Move
Ahmed Fathi has been pictured training with the Arsenal first team today as he looks to impress during his trial at the club.
Many fans were bemused when reports emerged over the weekend suggesting that the 29-year-old was set for a trial at Arsenal a full 10 years after he failed to convince Wenger during a short stint at the club.
In fact, many supporters thought it was a hoax, even when the BBC reported it, fans simply didn’t believe it.
However, sure enough, Fathi has been training with the squad this week and looking to earn himself a permanent deal, and now there’s photo proof with the Egyptian skipper snapped just to the right of Aaron Ramsey in the photo below (he’s just next to Rambo’s left elbow).
Fathi is currently on the books at Egyptian side Al Ahly and failed with his second attempt to break into the Premier League when he spent a short time on loan at Hull in 2013.
The player is certainly versatile, as he’s able to play on the right side of midfield or defense, and as a defensive midfielder, but I have no idea what position Arsene is eyeing him for.
It’s a very strange decision to offer him a trial and he’ll most likely go down with the likes of Park Ju Young and Amoury Bischoff if he is offered a full-time contract.