- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
Arsenal ‘Agree Personal Terms’ With Alexis Sanchez
It looks like we’ve taken a huge step towards landing Alexis Sanchez with well-known Spanish journalist Guillm Balague claiming that we’ve agreed personal terms with the attacker – but Liverpool have apparently offered a higher transfer fee to Barcelona.
Widespread reports claim that we’ve tabled a formal offer for the 25-year-old, with the fee ranging from £22m to £30m depending on what newspaper you read, but Balague seems to think Liverpool have offered more.
The Merseysiders held formal talks with the Catalans on Wednesday to discuss Luis Suarez, and it looks like they took the opportunity to express their interest in Sanchez.
However, as has been reported several times, Sanchez has no interest in moving to Anfield and would prefer to join Arsenal if we can agreed a deal with Barca, and Balague - who regularly appears on Sky Sports News – has also claimed that we’ve agreed personal terms with the player, which if true, puts us firmly in the driving seat.
I heard Arsenal have a personal agreement with Alexis but offer less to FCB than Liverpool. Juve also interested.
— Guillem Balague (@GuillemBalague) July 2, 2014
So, based on various reports; we’ve agreed personal terms, we’ve tabled a formal offer and Sanchez wants to join Arsenal over Liverpool. What could possibly go wrong?!
While I’m trying not to get wrapped up in everything and get my hopes up, it does look as though we’re slowly edging closer to signing the Chilean international. There is certainly interest there, we have the money and supposedly we now have an agreement with the player, so all thats left is to meet Barca’s asking price and he should be ours….do it Arsene!