- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Arsenal ‘Make €25m Offer’ For Attacker Who Wants Emirates Move
Things are getting interesting on the Alexis Sanchez front with reports claiming we have made an official €25m bid to Barcelona for the attacker, but Liverpool remain keen.
After weeks of speculation, widespread reports both here and in the Spanish media suggest that Arsenal have tabled a €25m (£19.4m) bid for the Chilean ace.
Barca officials admitted yesterday that they have received strong interest in the 25-year-old and dropped a major hint that he’ll be leaving this summer.
One club who are definitely in the running is Liverpool and with the Merseysiders meeting with Barcelona chiefs today to negotiate a deal for Luis Suarez, a possible player-plus-cash swap deal involving Sanchez is almost certain to be discussed.
However, according to the papers, Sanchez has no interest in moving to Anfield and wants to join Arsenal if he leaves the Nou Camp this summer. which puts us in a strong position to win the race for his signature.
If all of this is true, then we simply need to agree a deal with Barcelona. €25m is unlikely to be enough, with Barca holding out for nearer €35m, but that would still be a bargain for a player of Sanchez’ quality.
He would be perfect for us and is exactly what we need to add this summer. He’s got pace, power, bags of experience and he scored 21 goals and provided 15 assists last season so he’d certainly bring a real threat in the final third.
Let’s see how things develop but I’m praying Arsene can get a deal agreed for the player and it would be a great start to our summer business if Sanchez was our first signing.