- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
- Ratings: Hat-trick hero Ozil shines as Arsenal thrash Ludogorets
- Video: Arsenal 6-0 Ludogorets: Ozil bags hat-trick in rout
- Teams: Arsenal v Ludogorets: Gibbs & Coquelin start
[Photo] Sagna Confirms Arsenal Exit With Goodbye Message On Instagram
If today hasn’t been bad enough for Arsenal fans, Bacary Sagna has rubbed salt in the wounds by confirming his exit from the club with Manchester City almost certain to be his next destination.
Just hours after Cesc Fabregas’ move to Chelsea was announced, Sagna took to his official Instagram account confirm what most of us already knew, that he’s leaving the club this summer on a free transfer.
To give the defender credit, his goodbye message actually sounded like it came from the heart as he thanked everyone at the club for the last seven years and gave special mention to Arsene Wneger for ‘changing his life’.
— Bacary Sagna (@Sagnaofficial) June 12, 2014
In a lot of ways, it makes Sagna’s exit even more frustrating because it’s clearly not been an easy decision for him to walk away and it annoys me that he’s simply leaving for an extra few quid.
All the newspapers claim a deal to Manchester City is done and he’ll sign a three year deal worth between £100,000 and £140,000, depending on which paper you read. Apparently our final offer was a two year deal with the option of a third worth around £90,000, which for a 31-year-old who’s had his fair share of injury problems seems fair to me.
It just frustrates me that a player who was so content at Arsenal is willing to uproot his family and relocate to Manchester just for an extra years guaranteed pay and a few extra pounds a week in his back pocket.
But oh well, onwards and upwards and the main thing now is that we replace him with a top class right-back. Over to you Arsene……