- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
Done Deal! Arsenal Make First Summer Signing & It’s A VITAL One
Arsenal have completed their first signing of the summer and it might just turn out to be the most significant move Arsene Wenger makes over the course of the next few months.
Reports today claim that we’ve tied up a deal to bring fitness coach Shad Forsythe to the club this summer. The 40-year-old American is currently the head fitness coach of the Germany national team and will take up his Arsenal duties after the World Cup.
Arsene Wenger has moved to bring in Forsythe after reviewing the clubs training methods and voiced his concerns over our horrendous injury record in recent years.
Arsenal easily suffered more injuries than other other club last season and it’s been that way for at least three or four years, so it was about time the club took positive action to rectify it.
We all know Arsene rarely makes changes to his backroom staff so I’m taking this as a HUGE step for him as Forsythe will come in and working alongside Tony Colbert – who has been our first-team fitness coach for 16 years.
Forsythe has vast experience himself as he’s worked with the German squad for over 10 years and hopefully his appointment will revolutionise our injury prevention methods. I’ve seen various reports recently that claim our current methods in terms of match preparation and injury prevention are well behind the times, so fingers crossed this new lad will be given the power to modernise things and he won’t just become a ‘yes man’ to Wenger and Colbert.
If this appointment works out, it will be the most important ‘signing’ of the summer. No doubt about it. In my opinion, injuries prevented us from winning the league last year. Had Ramsey, Walcott, Ozil and Wilshere managed to keep themselves fit during key periods of the season, we’d have been right up there.
Hopefully Forsythe will be able to reduce the number of injuries we suffer and who knows, maybe he’ll even be able to keep Diaby fit!