- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Arsenal Offered Chance To Sign €50m Superstar – Will Wenger Do It?
Real Madrid are ready to sell long-term Arsenal target Karim Benzema in order to raise money to fund a big-money move for Liverpool striker Luis Suarez, according to reports today.
Benzema has been linked with a move to the Emirates for years and we were understood to have made serious enquiries for him last summer, but Madrid decided to hang on to him after selling Gonzalo Higuain to Napoli.
Arsene Wenger has publicly admitted his admiration of the 26-year-old on several occasions and the mainstream media believe we’ll make another play for the Frenchman this summer.
It seems we could have more luck this time around with the Daily Mail claiming that Real have made it clear they are ready to sell the striker for €50m as they want to ‘upgrade’ to either Luis Suarez or Sergio Aguero.
It remains to be seen whether they’ll be able to come up with an offer tempting enough to persuade Liverpool or Man City to cash in, but if there’s a chance we can sign Benzema this summer, Wenger simply has to take it.
The former Lyon ace would be the perfect striker to spearhead our attack next season. He’s got a physical presence, his pace, has vast experience at the top level and is a superb goal-scorer. 111 goals and 62 assists in 230 games for Madrid shows just how lethal he is.
Obviously we won’t be the only team in the running for the player if he does come on the market, and the Mail suggest that Chelsea and Man Utd will also be keen in bringing him to the Premier League.
However, Chelsea seem to have their sights set on Diego Costa and United want Edinson Cavani, so we should make our move for Benzema early while they are pre-occupied with their other targets.
I pray that the newspapers have this one right and Madrid are willing to sell Benzema. While Arsene has been reluctant to splash the cash in recent years, I don’t think he’d be able to to resist paying big money for the Frenchman. I think he’d bust a gut to bring him to North London.
Imagine a strike-force of Cazorla, Ozil and Walcott behind Benzema next season!