- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Signing Close! Player At London Colney Undergoing Medical
We appear to be on the verge of making our first signing of the January transfer window with various reports claiming that Kim Kallstrom is now at London Colney undergoing a medical and discussing personal terms.
News broke this morning that the Swedish midfielder was a target and we were supposedly in talks with Spartak Moscow about signing him on loan until the end of the season.
It seems we’ve been able to agree a deal as John Cross (journalist at the Mirror) attended Arsene’s press conference this morning and claims Kallstrom arrived at the training ground earlier to complete the formalities ahead of a move, with the 31-year-old potentially being available to face Crystal Palace on Sunday.
Kim Kallstrom has arrived at Arsenal training ground to complete talks, medical and loan deal. Could poss play Sunday. More on live blog
— John Cross (@johncrossmirror) January 31, 2014
The boss confirmed earlier that he was in the market for another midfielder due to Aaron Ramsey’s set back and it appears he’s moved for Kallstrom as a short-term fix.
He’s not going to be a ‘marquee’ signing or a name that’s going to get us excited like Ozil was in the summer, but he could prove to be a very shrewd purchase as he’ll bring a lot of experience and physicality to the midfield.