- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Report: Arsenal Make Late Approach For Ligue 1 Attacker
A familiar name has once again been linked with a move to Arsenal in the final hours of the transfer window with reports in France claiming that we have made a late bid for Salomon Kalou.
Kalou has been linked with us in practically ever transfer window over the past 4 years, and sure enough RMC Sport in France suggest Arsene Wenger and an unnamed German club made an enquiry for the Ivorian on Friday afternoon.
However, the approach was knocked back by Lille with boss René Girard seemingly not wanting to lose the 28-year-old forward.
I think we can all breath a sigh of relief. Wenger has admitted he’s a fan of the players in the past but I don’t think the fans had Kalou in mind when we were hoping a new striker would arrive this month.
Although to be fair to him, Kalou actually has an excellent record in Ligue 1, scoring 20 goals in just 48 appearances for Lille since joining them on a free transfer from Chelsea in 2012.
With no new striker looking likely to join before tonight’s 11pm deadline, maybe some fans are so desperate they would happily take Kalou now!?