- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
Positive Injury Update On Laurent Koscielny
There are positive reports coming out of France suggesting that Laurent Koscielny could be back in time to face West Ham on Boxing Day.
Kos was forced off just before half time during our 6-3 loss to Manchester City after receiving a nasty cut across his kneecap when he tried to prevent Alvaro Negredo putting the hosts 2-1 ahead.
The defender later posted a graphic image of the cut and many were fearing he could be set for an extended spell on the sidelines.
However, L’equipe are reporting that the French international will be out for just 10-15 days – depending on how quickly the cut heels – after he needed 10 stitches to close up the wound.
The newspaper states that Laurent will certainly miss the Chelsea game this Monday but could be back in time to face West Ham on the 26th, which would be a massive boost.
I must admit I feared the worst when I saw Kos go down clutching his knee. It looked like he may have done his cruciate, which would rule him out for most of the season, so if we could be back within 2 weeks it would be a huge relief.
Thomas Vermaelen will deputise against Chelsea and hopefully the ‘captain’ will step up and really stake him claim for a first team place. To be fair though, he’ll have to play out his skin to keep Koscielny out the starting eleven as he and Mertesacker have formed an excellent partnership at the back.