- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Wenger: ‘Flamini Injury Short-Term, Could Return Against Man Utd’
Arsene Wenger has been conducting his pre-match press conference this morning ahead of the visit of Liverpool and he’s revealed some excellent news regarding the fitness of Mathieu Flamini.
The Frenchman was forced off against Crystal Palace last weekend with a groin injury and it was initially feared he could be out for up to a month.
However, speaking today the boss has confirmed the injury is only short-term and Flamini could be back to face Manchester United next weekend.
Wenger Friday press conference: 'Flamini is a short term injury; he could be back for Man United'
— Sam Wallace (@SamWallaceIndy) November 1, 2013
Of course it still means he’ll be missing against Liverpool on Saturday as well as Wednesday’s crucial Champions League clash with Borussia Dortmund, but it would be a huge boost to have him back to face United.
I think we’re really going to miss Flamini’s tenacity tomorrow as with Suarez, Sturridge and Coutinho, Liverpool are a huge threat going forward and we could really have done with the 29-year-old’s defensive instincts in front of the back four.
How big a loss is Flamini? Will we cope without him against Liverpool?