- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
- Ratings: Hat-trick hero Ozil shines as Arsenal thrash Ludogorets
- Video: Arsenal 6-0 Ludogorets: Ozil bags hat-trick in rout
- Teams: Arsenal v Ludogorets: Gibbs & Coquelin start
- [Tweet] Arsenal ace ‘can’t wait’ to play as he closes in on comeback
Report: Arsenal Submit £8.5m Bid For French Midfielder
Arsenal have submitted an £8.5m bid for St Etienne midfielder Josuha Guilavogui, according to reports.
We brought you news early on Thursday that suggested Arsene Wenger was considering a move for the 22-year-old if he was unable to agree a deal with Newcastle for Yohan Cabaye.
Our £12m bid for the Geordie playmaker was rejected last week and it’s been reported that Newcastle are demanding £20m for the 27-year-old. It’s highly unlikely Wenger will sanction such a move and it seems he’s now decided to turn his attention to Guilavogui.
The Express are claiming that we’ve lodged an opening £8.5m offer and St Etienne could be willing to do business as they want to raise funds for new arrivals.
The Ligue 1 side have already sold star striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to Borussia Dortmund for £11m but are understood to be in need of a further cash injection, and Guilavogui looks likely to be sacrificed.
The youngster is a proper defensive midfielder who – standing at well over 6 foot and powerfully built – has the stature of Gunner Patrick Vieira. If he has half the talent he’ll be an excellent addition and he is also able to fill-in at centre-back if required.
I don’t know much else about the lad but right now, I’ll take anyone, I’m that desperate for new signings! I’ve always thought we need a powerful ball-winner in midfield and Guilavogui sounds like he could fit the bill nicely, so fingers crossed these reports are accurate and we get a deal done before the window shuts.
Do you like the sound of Guilavogui?