- Arsenal eye move to sign Dortmund star Svensson
- Arsenal eye move to sign PSG forward Goncalo Ramos
- Arsenal plot swoop to sign Hoffenheim star Bazoumana Toure
- Arsenal make West Ham star Mateus Fernandes ‘primary target’ for next summer
- Arsenal in fierce battle to sign Hertha Berlin’s Eichhorn
- Arsenal receive huge boost to sign Newcastle’s Anthony Gordon
- Arsenal readying formal offer to sign AS Roma star Matias Soule
- Arsenal closely monitoring Dortmund star Jobe Bellingham ahead of summer move
- Arsenal prioritising signing Real Madrid’s Arda Guler
- Arsenal open talks to sign Sporting’s Morten Hjulmand
“It’s Broken” – Arsenal Blow As Wenger Confirms Fresh Injury
Arsenal’s injury woes in midfield continue as Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Francis Coquelin broke his nose during today’s 2-0 win over Everton.
Coquelin suffered the injury after a clash of heads with Olivier Giroud midway through the second half at the Emirates this afternoon.
After receiving treatment from the physio, he carried on but was eventually forced off after taking another blow to the face late on.
Now, Wenger has told Arsenal.com that the midfielder has broken his nose and may require surgery, but he’s not sure how long he’ll be out for.
on Francis Coquelin…
Yes [he has broken his nose]. I don’t know [how long he will be out], I hope not. I don’t know whether he will need surgery or not.
on whether it was Coquelin’s decision to stay on…
They told me he was bleeding but that he could stay on. The second time he was hit again so after that I had to take him off. I had been told by the medical people that he could stay on.
on Coquelin’s commitment…
He wanted to stay on. He didn’t play here for a long time so now that he plays, of course he doesn’t want to come off the pitch.
Hopefully Coquelin won’t be ruled out for any period of time as he’s become a hugely important player in the team over the last two months.
We’re already low on options in midfield as Wilshere has been ruled out again, Arteta is still weeks away from returning to action while Ramsey and Flamini have also been injured recently.
The duo did return to training on Friday so hopefully they’ll be available to face QPR in midweek otherwise we’re going to be down to the bare bones in the middle of the park.








2 Comments