- Arsenal boss claims Sanchez will sign new deal + Ozil update
- Arsenal well positioned to secure £50m deal for 31-goal hitman
- Key duo recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Leicester
- [Photos] Double injury boost as Arsenal duo train ahead of Leicester
- Arsenal battling to sign £33m Ligue 1 star
- Team news: Wenger offers injury update on Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
Arsenal table contract offer to South American midfielder
According to the Mirror, Arsenal have tabled a professional contract offer to highly-rated Chilean midfielder Marcelo Allende.
The 18-year-old has emerged as one of Chile’s most promising young talents and has already starred for their under-17’s having captained the side on numerous occasions.
Allende comes from the same Cobreola youth academy as Alexis Sanchez and his potential caught the attention of Arsenal’s South American scouts.
The teenager spent two weeks on trial with the club late last year before being invited back for a second three-week trial after he impressed the clubs coaching staff with his ability and passion.
Under FIFA rules, we’ve had to wait until Allende turned 18 before being able to offer him a professional deal but with the attacking midfielder’s birthday last Friday, the Mirror claim we’ve now tabled a formal contract offer.
The newspaper says negotiations are now well under way with the exciting youngster and the club want him to join in the summer ahead of next season.
It’s also been reported that Allende stayed with Sanchez during his time here in London and our Chilean super-star has been mentoring him. Let’s just hope Alexis is around to help his compatriot settle in north London next season if he does complete his move here.