- [Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
Arsenal plotting move for 32-goal hitman as part of double swoop
According to the Mirror, Arsenal are plotting a double swoop on Celtic for striker Moussa Dembele and left-back Kieran Tierney this summer.
Despite on-going doubts over his future, Arsene Wenger appears to be pressing ahead with his transfer plans and even if the Frenchman does leave then left-back and up front are two areas his replacement may need to strengthen.
Alexis Sanchez’s future is in serious doubt while Lucas Perez is also being tipped to leave this summer after a frustrating debut season in England so a new front man is going to be on the agenda.
The Mirror claim that we’re showing a keen interest in signing Celtic hot-shot Moussa Dembele with scouts watching the youngster on several occasions in recent months.
Dembele has scored 32 goals in all competitions for the SPL champions so far and he’s caught the eye of several top clubs so we’ll face plenty of competition for his signature.
However, he’s a huge talent and at just 20-years-old, Dembele has the potential to develop in to one of the best strikers in Europe so I’d love to see him come to Arsenal this summer.
And his arrival could be part of a double swoop on Celtic as the Mirror say we’re also chasing highly-rated left-back Tierney as a potential replacement for Kieran Gibbs.
Gibbsy has just over a year left on his contract and is being tipped to leave in search of regular first team football having struggled to displace Nacho Monreal in recent years.
Tierney has been in excellent form north of the border and the report says that Celtic are fully aware of our interest and are bracing themselves for bids this summer.
The paper also claims that the Scottish giants are interested in signing Arsenal youngster Chris Willock on loan so that could help in any negotiations over Dembele and Tierney.