- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
Arsenal dealt fresh injury blow, star ruled out for 3 weeks
According to Football London, Arsenal have been dealt a fresh injury blow with Mohamed Elneny ruled out for at least three weeks with an ankle injury.
Elneny picked up the injury during the first half of our 2-0 FA Cup win at Sutton United on Monday night and while he was able to carry on after receiving treatment, he was replaced by Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain at the break.
Arsene Wenger gave very little away after the game other than to say we’d have to wait for the results of a scan before knowing how serious the injury was and how long Elneny would be out for.
I thought the midfielder was seen holding his calf and assumed he’d aggravated an injury that he suffered while away with Egypt at the African Cup of Nations last month.
However, Football London claim that Elneny actually sustained an ankle injury against Sutton on Monday and has now been ruled out for at least three weeks.
We don’t have a game this weekend after our clash with Southampton was postponed but it means the 24-year-old will still miss next weekend’s crucial clash with Liverpool at Anfield.
Elneny would also sit out the second leg of our Champions League tie with Bayern Munich as well as the FA Cup quarter final with Lincoln City but he’ll hope to return for the trip to West Brom on March 18th.
The news comes shortly after it was reported that Santi Cazorla has been ruled out for the rest of the season with his on-going Achilles injury so hopefully Aaron Ramsey will be back soon as we’ve got limited options in the middle of the park again.