- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
- Arsenal face fight with Liverpool to land £50m star
Arsenal hold transfer talks with South American midfielder, confirms the players dad
Arsenal have held talks with Monaco midfielder Fabinho over a potential move to the Emirates, according to the players father.
Fabinho made his name as a right-back but he’s been converted in to a defensive midfielder this season and has been outstanding for Leonardo Jardim’s side in helping them challenge for the Ligue 1 title.
The 23-year-old was strongly linked with a move to the Premier League last summer but decided to remain at the Stade Louis II after penning a new two-year extension, tying himself to the club until 2021.
However, rumours have been mounting that Fabinho could be on the move this summer and the Brazilian international’s father has now named Arsenal as one of the sides that have held talks over a move.
Joao Roberto Tavares is quoted in the Mirror as saying that Fabinho has spoken with Arsenal, Man Utd and Man City while Barcelona have also registered their interest. Unfortunately, he goes on to say that they like United and have a ‘soft spot’ for City.
He’s quoted as saying by the Mirror:
“We have been in talks with Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal and approached by Barcelona.
“We like Manchester United and [Jose] Mourinho’s work, but we have a soft spot for Manchester City.”
Fabinho would be a great signing as got knows we need a solid defensive midfielder to protect the defence but he’s flirting with City and Utd so it looks like we’re well down his list of priorities.