- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
Arsenal want to sign £77m South American striker
According to the Express, Arsenal want to sign Sergio Aguero this summer and Manchester City may agree to sell if £77m is put on the table.
Aguero has been one of the best strikers in world football since joining City from Atletico Madrid in 2011 and his 154 goals in 234 games have helped the club win two Premier League titles.
Despite injuries hampering the Argentinean international this season, he’s still managed to score 18 goals in 26 games so far, but that hasn’t stopped Pep Guardiola from dropping him to the bench following the arrival of Gabriel Jesus last month.
To be fair, Jesus has taken to the Premier League like a duck to water having scored 3 goals in his 4 appearances so far and it looks like the 19-year-old is now going to be the focal point of Guardiola’s attack.
That could leave Aguero out in the cold and I highly doubt a player of his quality will be happy sitting on the bench so understandably it’s led to speculation he could be on the move.
The Express are now carrying a report from Italian outlet Calcio Mercato that claims Arsenal are among the clubs who want to sign Aguero this summer.
Arsene Wenger has longed for a world class striker in recent years and Aguero would obviously be a sensational signing if we could somehow pull it off.
However, there are several rather large stumbling blocks standing in the way. Firstly, City are reluctant to sell and no doubt they would loath to sell Aguero to a domestic rival.
The Express claim that they will reluctantly sell if £77m is put on the table but I fear that kind of money will be out of Arsenal’s reach.
Lastly, we aren’t the only club interested as the report says that the likes of Chelsea, Inter Milan and Real Madrid are also vying for Aguero’s signature so we’ll face stiff competition.
So, while it’s exciting reading about Arsenal being interested in world class players like Aguero, I won’t be getting my hopes up any time soon. Realistically, a deal is highly unlikely to happen this summer.