- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
Update on Arsenal’s pursuit of £50m striker…
The Mirror have another update on Arsenal’s pursuit of Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata and it looks as though we could be set to miss out once again.
As many of you will know, we’ve constantly been linked with Morata over the past few years and reports back in the summer claimed that Arsene Wenger was desperate to land him when he was tipped to leave Juventus.
The 24-year-old ended up heading back to Madrid after they triggered his buyback clause but predictably the Spaniard has struggled to hold down a first team place under Zinedine Zidane.
Morata has made just six league starts so far this season and it’s led to fresh speculation that he’s already looking to leave this summer, with Arsenal once again touted as a potential destination.
The Metro reported last month that Arsenal have been showing strong interest in the striker since learning he wants to leave the Bernabeu this summer with the club seemingly eyeing Morata as a potential replacement for Alexis Sanchez.
Our Chilean superstar is approaching the final year of his contract and has so far refused to sign an extension so we might be forced to cash-in this summer and Morata is the caliber of player we need to be looking at.
However, the Mirror are citing reports coming out of Spain from Gol Diario that claim Morata has already informed Madrid that he wants to join Chelsea after holding personal talks with Antonio Conte.
The Italian was the man who initially took Morata to Juventus in 2014 and the paper says that he now wants to be reunited at Stamford Bridge as the Blues line-up a £50m swoop this summer.
So it looks like we could miss out once again….
Who knows how much truth there is behind these latest reports but I’m not looking too much in to them for now. My guess is that this isn’t the last time we see Morata linked with a move to the Emirates and the rumours will continue to grow as we approach the summer.