- [Photos] Images of Arsenal’s 2017/18 home/away kits leaked online
- Arsenal dealt fresh injury blow, star ruled out for 3 weeks
- Devastating blow: Arsenal star ruled out for the rest of the season
- Arsenal get some excellent injury news ahead of Liverpool trip
- Arsenal suffer fresh injury concern, attacker nursing back problem
- Date & time confirmed for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash with Lincoln
- [Photo] Arsenal star confirms double injury blow after Sutton clash
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate Sutton win & congratulate Walcott
- [Player Ratings] Sutton 0-2 Arsenal: Perez shines, Iwobi woeful
- Video: Sutton 0-2 Arsenal: Walcott books quarter final spot
[Photos] Injured Arsenal star returns to training ahead of Man Utd
Arsenal appear to have been handed a major boost after Alexis Sanchez returned to training with the Chile national team over the weekend after a hamstring injury scare.
Alexis suffered the injury in training last week and was forced to miss Chile’s World Cup qualifier with Colombia on Thursday night as he remained in Santiago to undergo treatment.
The injury was described by the Chilean FA as a ‘low-grade’ hamstring problem but Arsene Wenger voiced his concern over Sanchez’s condition and demanded that the Arsenal medical team be allowed to see his scan results.
It’s not known whether this request has been granted but it looks as though Sanchez is set for a swift return to action as he was able to take part in a full training session on Sunday afternoon.
Ordinarily, this would be great news, especially as we face a huge game against Manchester United on Saturday so with Sanchez able to train you’d expect him to be available for the trip to Old Trafford.
However, as you can see from the photos in this article, Alexis wore heavy bandaging on his right leg to protect his hamstring and you get the feeling Chile are rushing him back for their vital qualifier against Uruguay on Tuesday night.
Chile currently sit outside of the automatic qualification spots in their World Cup qualifying group so they desperately need to beat Uruguay tomorrow night and they are clearly doing all they can to get Sanchez on the pitch.
It would be a huge risk to start him as reports last week indicated Alexis has a 9 millimeter tear in his muscle so he could easily make the injury MUCH worse by playing tomorrow and we could see him ruled out for several weeks, if not months.
Therefore, Wenger will understandably be raging if Sanchez does start for his country and I personally don’t think we’ll see him line-up against United if he does play for Chile.
If he was allowed to return to London early, get some rest and allow the hamstring to ease then he should have been in contention to play for Arsenal at the weekend but we’d be foolish to risk him at Old Trafford if he’s forced to play for Chile on Tuesday.