- [Photos] Images of Arsenal’s 2017/18 home/away kits leaked online
- Arsenal dealt fresh injury blow, star ruled out for 3 weeks
- Devastating blow: Arsenal star ruled out for the rest of the season
- Arsenal get some excellent injury news ahead of Liverpool trip
- Arsenal suffer fresh injury concern, attacker nursing back problem
- Date & time confirmed for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash with Lincoln
- [Photo] Arsenal star confirms double injury blow after Sutton clash
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate Sutton win & congratulate Walcott
- [Player Ratings] Sutton 0-2 Arsenal: Perez shines, Iwobi woeful
- Video: Sutton 0-2 Arsenal: Walcott books quarter final spot
Arsenal handed huge boost as key man signs new contract
It looks like Arsenal have been handed a major boost with Arseblog News reporting this evening that Hector Bellerin has now signed a new long-term contract with the club.
Bellerin only penned a new deal last year after breaking in to the first team and still had three years left to run on that particular contract but the pacey full-back has been in talks with the club about another extension in recent weeks.
Arsene Wenger admitted last month that he wanted to secure the long-term future of Hector as the Spaniard has developed in to one of the best full-backs in the Premier League over the past 18 months.
Bellerin himself confirmed just last week that he was happy at Arsenal admit reported interest from the likes of Barcelona and Man City and it looks as though the 21-year-old has resisted the temptation to head back to the Nou Camp or link up with Pep Guardiola.
That’s because Arseblog are reporting this evening that Bellerin has now SIGNED a new and improved long-term deal – although they don’t disclose the exact terms of the deal such as weekly wage or contract length.
Obviously we should wait for official confirmation from Arsenal.com before we get too excited but it would come as a huge boost if this report is accurate as Bellerin is a vital part of the first team and has a huge future ahead of him at Arsenal.
With Bellerin now seemingly wrapped up, it’s important the club now concentrate all their efforts in securing new deals for Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez as the duo have been in negotiations over new contracts for several months.