- Ozil & Sanchez out: My Arsenal XI to face Basel
- Arsenal drawn to face Preston in the 3rd round of the FA Cup
- Wenger’s team news: 1 player returns, 1 ruled out + Sanchez update
- [Photos] Triple injury boost for Arsenal as trio return to training
- [Player Ratings] Sanchez steals the show as Arsenal thrash West Ham
- Video: West Ham 1-5 Arsenal: Sanchez bags stunning hat trick
- Teams: West Ham v Arsenal: Xhaka & Gabriel start
- Man City duo Aguero & Fernandinho set to miss crucial Arsenal match
- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains but no sign of striker ahead of West Ham
- [Video] Santi Cazorla confirms he’ll be back sooner than expected
Arsenal handed huge boost as key man signs new contract
It looks like Arsenal have been handed a major boost with Arseblog News reporting this evening that Hector Bellerin has now signed a new long-term contract with the club.
Bellerin only penned a new deal last year after breaking in to the first team and still had three years left to run on that particular contract but the pacey full-back has been in talks with the club about another extension in recent weeks.
Arsene Wenger admitted last month that he wanted to secure the long-term future of Hector as the Spaniard has developed in to one of the best full-backs in the Premier League over the past 18 months.
Bellerin himself confirmed just last week that he was happy at Arsenal admit reported interest from the likes of Barcelona and Man City and it looks as though the 21-year-old has resisted the temptation to head back to the Nou Camp or link up with Pep Guardiola.
That’s because Arseblog are reporting this evening that Bellerin has now SIGNED a new and improved long-term deal – although they don’t disclose the exact terms of the deal such as weekly wage or contract length.
Obviously we should wait for official confirmation from Arsenal.com before we get too excited but it would come as a huge boost if this report is accurate as Bellerin is a vital part of the first team and has a huge future ahead of him at Arsenal.
With Bellerin now seemingly wrapped up, it’s important the club now concentrate all their efforts in securing new deals for Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez as the duo have been in negotiations over new contracts for several months.