- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
- Arsenal ready to snap-up Barca attacker for £25m [Times]
- Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
- Arsenal boss offers update on Sanchez & Ozil contract situations
- Arsenal suffer huge injury blow, star to miss crucial games
- International star responds to Arsenal move reports
- [Photos] Arsenal star trains despite ligament injury fears
‘I’m an Arsenal fan’ – Serie A attacker opens up on dream move
Udinese attacking midfielder Panos Armenakas has revealed that he’s an Arsenal fan and dreams of playing in the Premier League, according to quotes in the Metro.
Armenakas is of Greek descent but was born in California before moving to Australia at a young age and he’s represented both Greece and Australia at international youth level.
The 18-year-old was once invited to train with Barcelona at the age of six and was part of the Watford academy at 13 before moving to Udinese in 2014 where he’s earned a reputation as one of the hottest young players in Italy.
The attacking midfielder is yet to make his breakthrough in to the first team set-up and is seen as a star of the future but the teenager has now cast doubt over his long-term future at Udinese.
Armenakas has been quoted as saying that he dreams of playing in the Premier League and it seems the youngster would jump at the chance of moving to the Emirates as he’s admitted that he’s an Arsenal fan.
He’s quoted as saying by the Metro.
‘What does my future hold? I’m an Arsenal fan, and the Premier League is a dream, as is La Liga or Serie A,’
Armenakas is predominantly a left winger but is also capable of playing on the right or even through the middle and he’s scored 4 goals in his 5 Primavera B games so far this season.
However, we’ll have to wait and see whether he manages to catch the eye of Arsene Wenger and his scouts to earn himself his ‘dream’ move to north London.