- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
- Arsenal face fight with Liverpool to land £50m star
- Euro giants accept Arsenal’s £25m attacker bid – reports
- Arsenal ready swoop for £30m Serie A attacker, player wants PL move
[Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
Arsenal booked their place in the quarter finals of the EFL Cup thanks to a relatively comfortable 2-0 victory over Reading at the Emirates on Tuesday night with Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain scoring both goals.
Here are my ratings:
Excellent save from a free kick to secure his clean sheet late on. A few ‘Hollywood’ saves but didn’t put a foot wrong.
Great to see him back playing again. Almost made a dream return with an early goal. Solid display overall.
Strong and confident at the back. Going to be a real player in the future.
A few shaky moments and gave away a couple of dangerous free kicks.
Solid display from Gibbsy. He was sound defensively and got forward when he could.
Went close with a powerful shot and put in a few dangerous free kicks.
Encouraging performance from the youngster. He was strong in the tackle and eager to push forward.
Opened the scoring with a fine goal and lashed home the second from the edge of the area. Some of his general play was a little frustrating but you can’t argue with his two goals.
Lively start from the young attacker and he showed some lovely touches but faded after the break when he tired a little.
Showed his class in flashes but his final ball and finishing needs to improve. Missed a great chance tonight to make it 2-0.
Missed a great chance to open the scoring when put clean through midway through the first half but opted to pass and messed it up. Was a danger at times but limped off with a foot injury.
Giroud 6.5 – Forced the keeper in to an excellent save with a close range header. Few rusty touches.