- Ozil & Sanchez out: My Arsenal XI to face Basel
- Arsenal drawn to face Preston in the 3rd round of the FA Cup
- Wenger’s team news: 1 player returns, 1 ruled out + Sanchez update
- [Photos] Triple injury boost for Arsenal as trio return to training
- [Player Ratings] Sanchez steals the show as Arsenal thrash West Ham
- Video: West Ham 1-5 Arsenal: Sanchez bags stunning hat trick
- Teams: West Ham v Arsenal: Xhaka & Gabriel start
- Man City duo Aguero & Fernandinho set to miss crucial Arsenal match
- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains but no sign of striker ahead of West Ham
- [Video] Santi Cazorla confirms he’ll be back sooner than expected
[Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
Arsenal booked their place in the quarter finals of the EFL Cup thanks to a relatively comfortable 2-0 victory over Reading at the Emirates on Tuesday night with Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain scoring both goals.
Here are my ratings:
Excellent save from a free kick to secure his clean sheet late on. A few ‘Hollywood’ saves but didn’t put a foot wrong.
Great to see him back playing again. Almost made a dream return with an early goal. Solid display overall.
Strong and confident at the back. Going to be a real player in the future.
A few shaky moments and gave away a couple of dangerous free kicks.
Solid display from Gibbsy. He was sound defensively and got forward when he could.
Went close with a powerful shot and put in a few dangerous free kicks.
Encouraging performance from the youngster. He was strong in the tackle and eager to push forward.
Opened the scoring with a fine goal and lashed home the second from the edge of the area. Some of his general play was a little frustrating but you can’t argue with his two goals.
Lively start from the young attacker and he showed some lovely touches but faded after the break when he tired a little.
Showed his class in flashes but his final ball and finishing needs to improve. Missed a great chance tonight to make it 2-0.
Missed a great chance to open the scoring when put clean through midway through the first half but opted to pass and messed it up. Was a danger at times but limped off with a foot injury.
Giroud 6.5 – Forced the keeper in to an excellent save with a close range header. Few rusty touches.