- Preview: Arsenal v Burnley, team news, Giroud out + prediction
- [Photos] Injured Arsenal man snapped back in training today
- “It’s possible” – World class Arsenal target drops hint over move
- Confirmed: FA announce key Arsenal star has signed new contract
- [Photo] Banner of Alexis Sanchez’s dogs installed at Emirates
- Key man returns, Giroud out: My Arsenal XI vs Burnley
- Key update on Arsenal’s pursuit of Serie A star, £36m deal agreed
- Wenger speaks out on reported interest in world class attacker
- Arsenal in talks over signing of Ligue 1 attacker
- Arsenal boss confirms star has signed deal until 2018
[Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
Arsenal booked their place in the quarter finals of the EFL Cup thanks to a relatively comfortable 2-0 victory over Reading at the Emirates on Tuesday night with Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain scoring both goals.
Here are my ratings:
Excellent save from a free kick to secure his clean sheet late on. A few ‘Hollywood’ saves but didn’t put a foot wrong.
Great to see him back playing again. Almost made a dream return with an early goal. Solid display overall.
Strong and confident at the back. Going to be a real player in the future.
A few shaky moments and gave away a couple of dangerous free kicks.
Solid display from Gibbsy. He was sound defensively and got forward when he could.
Went close with a powerful shot and put in a few dangerous free kicks.
Encouraging performance from the youngster. He was strong in the tackle and eager to push forward.
Opened the scoring with a fine goal and lashed home the second from the edge of the area. Some of his general play was a little frustrating but you can’t argue with his two goals.
Lively start from the young attacker and he showed some lovely touches but faded after the break when he tired a little.
Showed his class in flashes but his final ball and finishing needs to improve. Missed a great chance tonight to make it 2-0.
Missed a great chance to open the scoring when put clean through midway through the first half but opted to pass and messed it up. Was a danger at times but limped off with a foot injury.
Giroud 6.5 – Forced the keeper in to an excellent save with a close range header. Few rusty touches.