- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
- Arsenal ready to snap-up Barca attacker for £25m [Times]
- Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
- Arsenal boss offers update on Sanchez & Ozil contract situations
- Arsenal suffer huge injury blow, star to miss crucial games
- International star responds to Arsenal move reports
- [Photos] Arsenal star trains despite ligament injury fears
[Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
Arsenal booked their place in the quarter finals of the EFL Cup thanks to a relatively comfortable 2-0 victory over Reading at the Emirates on Tuesday night with Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain scoring both goals.
Here are my ratings:
Excellent save from a free kick to secure his clean sheet late on. A few ‘Hollywood’ saves but didn’t put a foot wrong.
Great to see him back playing again. Almost made a dream return with an early goal. Solid display overall.
Strong and confident at the back. Going to be a real player in the future.
A few shaky moments and gave away a couple of dangerous free kicks.
Solid display from Gibbsy. He was sound defensively and got forward when he could.
Went close with a powerful shot and put in a few dangerous free kicks.
Encouraging performance from the youngster. He was strong in the tackle and eager to push forward.
Opened the scoring with a fine goal and lashed home the second from the edge of the area. Some of his general play was a little frustrating but you can’t argue with his two goals.
Lively start from the young attacker and he showed some lovely touches but faded after the break when he tired a little.
Showed his class in flashes but his final ball and finishing needs to improve. Missed a great chance tonight to make it 2-0.
Missed a great chance to open the scoring when put clean through midway through the first half but opted to pass and messed it up. Was a danger at times but limped off with a foot injury.
Giroud 6.5 – Forced the keeper in to an excellent save with a close range header. Few rusty touches.