- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
Chilean midfielder tipped for Arsenal move after Sanchez advice
According to a report in the Daily Star, Arsenal are keen on signing Chilean wonderkid Marcelo Allende after the midfielder sought advice from superstar Alexis Sanchez.
Allende has emerged as one of Chile’s hottest young talents in recent years and has already been starring for the under-17’s side having captained his country on a number of occasions.
The 5′ 4″ midfielder caught the attention of Arsenal’s South American scouts and previously spent two weeks on trial with the club but we decided against signing him on a permanent basis.
The Daily Star claim that Allende spoke with Gunners star Alexis Sanchez during his time in north London and asked the Chilean superstar for some advice on how to secure a move to the Emirates.
The diminutive midfielder started out at the same club as Sanchez – Sports Santa Cruz – before moving to Cobreloa and he’s also Chilean so it made sense for the teenager to look to his compatriot for advice.
Sanchez apparently told the youngster he’d need to bulk up if he wanted to cope with the demands of Premier League football and although he wasn’t successful in securing a move to Arsenal at the time, it seems he’s left a lasting impression on Arsene Wenger.
That’s because the Daily Star report states that the boss is still interested in bringing Allende to north London after being impressed with how he’s developed since his trial with the club.
We’ll have to wait and see whether we decide to follow-up our interest and bring the youngster to London Colney on a permanent basis but the lad is clearly keen to do well and Sanchez would be the perfect role model for him so he might be worth taking a punt on.