- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
- Arsenal ready to snap-up Barca attacker for £25m [Times]
- Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
- Arsenal boss offers update on Sanchez & Ozil contract situations
- Arsenal suffer huge injury blow, star to miss crucial games
- International star responds to Arsenal move reports
- [Photos] Arsenal star trains despite ligament injury fears
Wenger gives update on star man amid reports of setback in training
Arsene Wenger has moved to ease fears over the fitness of Aaron Ramsey amid reports that the midfielder has suffered a setback in training.
Ramsey has been on the sidelines since sustaining a hamstring injury during our Premier League opening weekend defeat to Liverpool almost seven weeks ago.
The 25-year-old was only initially expected to be out for around three weeks but the injury has proven difficult to shift and he’s been forced to miss games against Leicester, Watford, Southampton, PSG, Hull, Forest, Chelsea and Basel.
Ramsey was left out of the Wales squad for their World Cup qualifying games against Austria and Georgia next week with boss Chris Coleman quoted in the newspapers as saying that he was told the midfielder had ‘broken down’ in training.
Coleman is quoted as saying by the Mirror yesterday:
“I had an indication that he would only be out for three weeks when he initially did it. That was six weeks ago. So I don’t know now.
“I have had more information from Sean, our head physio, who is liaising with Arsenal, that he has broken down in training.
“We have not yet been given a date on when he will definitely be back. I can’t be sure. I was sure in the last camp I would have him for this camp.
This sparked fears that Ramsey could be facing another extended period on the sidelines, however, Wenger has now offered a positive update on the midfielder’s situation after confirming that he should be back after the upcoming international break.
Speaking at his pre-match press conference this morning ahead of our trip to Burnley on Sunday, Wenger is quoted by the International Business Times as saying:
“Ramsey is out of the squad, he should be available after the international break”
This news comes as a welcome relief as it would have been a big blow to lose Ramsey again and it means could be available for selection when we welcome Swansea City to the Emirates on October 15th.