- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
- Arsenal ready to snap-up Barca attacker for £25m [Times]
- Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
- Arsenal boss offers update on Sanchez & Ozil contract situations
- Arsenal suffer huge injury blow, star to miss crucial games
[Photos] Arsenal’s latest midfield signing trains with first team
Another one of Arsenal’s summer recruits, Kelechi Nwakali, trained with the first team for the first time on Wednesday after being invited by boss Arsene Wenger.
While all the attention has been on the big-money signings of midfielder Granit Xhaka, defender Shkodran Mustafi and striker Lucas Perez, Nwakali’s arrival has understandably gone under the radar.
The 18-year-old finally completed his protracted £3m move to the Emirates from the Nigerian Diamond League Academy in early August and has been training with the under-21’s in recent weeks.
However, he was invited to mix it up with the first team stars at London Colney on Wednesday and the teenager will no doubt have been keen to impress alongside his more illustrious team mates.
Nwakali is set to begin his loan spell with Dutch second division outfit Maastricht as he looks to gain a European passport before he’ll be able to properly start his career in north London.
The gifted young midfielder was one of a number of promising young talents who trained with the first team yesterday with the likes of Stephy Mavididi, Chris Willock, Chiori Johnson and Ben Sheaf also given a chance to impress.
Here are some photos of our young stars in action courtesy of Arsenal’s Getty images account: