- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
[Photos] Arsenal’s latest midfield signing trains with first team
Another one of Arsenal’s summer recruits, Kelechi Nwakali, trained with the first team for the first time on Wednesday after being invited by boss Arsene Wenger.
While all the attention has been on the big-money signings of midfielder Granit Xhaka, defender Shkodran Mustafi and striker Lucas Perez, Nwakali’s arrival has understandably gone under the radar.
The 18-year-old finally completed his protracted £3m move to the Emirates from the Nigerian Diamond League Academy in early August and has been training with the under-21′s in recent weeks.
However, he was invited to mix it up with the first team stars at London Colney on Wednesday and the teenager will no doubt have been keen to impress alongside his more illustrious team mates.
Nwakali is set to begin his loan spell with Dutch second division outfit Maastricht as he looks to gain a European passport before he’ll be able to properly start his career in north London.
The gifted young midfielder was one of a number of promising young talents who trained with the first team yesterday with the likes of Stephy Mavididi, Chris Willock, Chiori Johnson and Ben Sheaf also given a chance to impress.
Here are some photos of our young stars in action courtesy of Arsenal’s Getty images account: