- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
- Team news: Arsenal duo ruled out but key quartet return for Swansea
- Arsenal doing battle with Spurs to sign German attacker – reports
[Photos] Arsenal’s latest midfield signing trains with first team
Another one of Arsenal’s summer recruits, Kelechi Nwakali, trained with the first team for the first time on Wednesday after being invited by boss Arsene Wenger.
While all the attention has been on the big-money signings of midfielder Granit Xhaka, defender Shkodran Mustafi and striker Lucas Perez, Nwakali’s arrival has understandably gone under the radar.
The 18-year-old finally completed his protracted £3m move to the Emirates from the Nigerian Diamond League Academy in early August and has been training with the under-21′s in recent weeks.
However, he was invited to mix it up with the first team stars at London Colney on Wednesday and the teenager will no doubt have been keen to impress alongside his more illustrious team mates.
Nwakali is set to begin his loan spell with Dutch second division outfit Maastricht as he looks to gain a European passport before he’ll be able to properly start his career in north London.
The gifted young midfielder was one of a number of promising young talents who trained with the first team yesterday with the likes of Stephy Mavididi, Chris Willock, Chiori Johnson and Ben Sheaf also given a chance to impress.
Here are some photos of our young stars in action courtesy of Arsenal’s Getty images account: