- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
[Photo] Spurs sign Arsenal fan who keeps AFC shirt in his wardrobe
As if we needed any more reason to laugh at Tottenham, they’ve only gone and spent £30m on a boyhood Arsenal fan who still keeps a Gunners shirt in his wardrobe.
Moussa Sissoko has done his best to try and force a move to the Emirates for years, constantly linking himself with the club and speaking publicly about his affection for Arsenal during every recent transfer window.
Back in June, the French international did an interview where he once again confirmed he’s a boyhood Gooner and named Arsenal legend Patrick Vieira as his idol. He went as far as to call us the ‘beautiful Arsenal’.
Sissoko is quoted as saying by the Mirror:
“It is very flattering. Arsenal is one of the best European teams. To be watched by that sort of club, that proves that you are a quality player.
“Everyone knows, I often said it when I was young, Arsenal is the club of my heart, because there were quite a few French players there like Thierry Henry, Robert Pires, Sylvain Wiltord, Patrick Vieira who was my idol…
The beautiful Arsenal. We will see. I cannot tell you if I am going to go to Arsenal. For the moment, I am focused on the French national team and the Euros.”
The midfielder then said just a few weeks ago that Arsenal were the ‘club of my heart’ as he continued to pine for his dream move to the red half of north London.
Obviously we weren’t stupid enough to pay the ridiculous £30m fee Newcastle were demanding for the 27-year-old. Step forward Tottenham….as our desperate neighbours got bent over by the Magpies on deadline day after agreeing to pay £30m for Sissoko’s signature.
The move went through shortly before 11pm last night and ever since we’ve seen a barrage of jokes being made at Tottenham’s expense [again] as not only have they overpaid for a very average midfielder off the back of two decent games at the Euro’s, but they signed a true Arsenal fan.
If his public declarations of love for the club weren’t enough, Sissoko even still keeps an Arsenal shirt in his wardrobe. He’ll probably wear it to bed every night after having a long, hot shower after every training session and game this season…..
— NUFCThreatLevel (@NUFCThreatLevel) August 31, 2016