- Arsenal handed huge boost ahead of Bayern Munich showdown
- Confirmed: Arsenal boss charged with misconduct by FA
- Arsenal eyeing £34.5m deal for Portuguese international
- Arsenal trio surprisingly named in BBC Team of the Week
- Arsene Wenger could be banned for Arsenal’s crucial trip to Chelsea
- Wenger criticises Arsenal star after poor display v Burnley
- [Video] Arsenal boss pushes official in tunnel following sending off
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Burnley: Xhaka flops, Sanchez shines
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Burnley: Last Gasp Sanchez panenka pen wins it
- Teams: Arsenal v Burnley: Bellerin on bench, Gabriel starts
No Koscielny but Arsenal duo make Premier League Team of the Week
Francis Coquelin and Hector Bellerin have been named in the WhoScored Premier League Team of the Week but Laurent Koscielny somehow misses out.
We recovered from our disappointing 4-3 defeat to Liverpool on the opening weekend of the season to come away with a decent point at Leicester City following a 0-0 draw at the King Power on Saturday night.
We were far from our best, particularly going forward, so it’s no surprises that both of the players that have made the WhoScored Team of the Week are defensive-minded.
Bellerin was once again excellent at right-back and the Spaniard helped keep a much-needed clean sheet. While he may have been lucky not to give away a late penalty, Hector’s score of 7.90 was enough to see him make the cut.
There is also a place in midfield for Coquelin with the Frenchman’s impressive all-round performance seeing him earn a score of 8.28 to make the team alongside Man Utd’s Paul Pogba.
However, somehow, despite his superb Man of the Match performance in defence, Koscielny didn’t generate a score high enough to qualify for the Team of the Week.
Kos was immense at the back and should have been named in any TOTW this weekend but he only mustered a score of 7.4 which was nowhere near good enough to make the team. It probably says more about the WhoScored scoring system than it does about Koscielny’s performance on Saturday!
Anyway, congratulations to Bellerin and Coquelin, here’s the full line-up: