- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
No Koscielny but Arsenal duo make Premier League Team of the Week
Francis Coquelin and Hector Bellerin have been named in the WhoScored Premier League Team of the Week but Laurent Koscielny somehow misses out.
We recovered from our disappointing 4-3 defeat to Liverpool on the opening weekend of the season to come away with a decent point at Leicester City following a 0-0 draw at the King Power on Saturday night.
We were far from our best, particularly going forward, so it’s no surprises that both of the players that have made the WhoScored Team of the Week are defensive-minded.
Bellerin was once again excellent at right-back and the Spaniard helped keep a much-needed clean sheet. While he may have been lucky not to give away a late penalty, Hector’s score of 7.90 was enough to see him make the cut.
There is also a place in midfield for Coquelin with the Frenchman’s impressive all-round performance seeing him earn a score of 8.28 to make the team alongside Man Utd’s Paul Pogba.
However, somehow, despite his superb Man of the Match performance in defence, Koscielny didn’t generate a score high enough to qualify for the Team of the Week.
Kos was immense at the back and should have been named in any TOTW this weekend but he only mustered a score of 7.4 which was nowhere near good enough to make the team. It probably says more about the WhoScored scoring system than it does about Koscielny’s performance on Saturday!
Anyway, congratulations to Bellerin and Coquelin, here’s the full line-up: