- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
Paul Merson offers his prediction ahead of Arsenal v Leicester
Former Arsenal winger Paul Merson has made his prediction ahead of Arsenal’s clash with Leicester City on Saturday and he’s expecting goals at the King Power.
We kicked off the 2016/17 campaign in disappointing fashion after slumping to a 4-3 defeat at home to Liverpool last Sunday which has seen Arsene Wenger come under increasing pressure from the fans.
As expected, the inexperienced duo of Holding and Chambers were badly exposed by a vibrant Liverpool attack and the supporters have laid the blame solely at Wenger’s feet for not bringing in a new centre-back yet.
It looks like Koscielny will be rushed back for tomorrow’s game so we will at least have some experience in the middle of defence but the whole team is going to need to play a lot better than we did last week.
Leicester began their title defence with a 2-1 loss at Hull so the pressure is on the champions as it would be a disaster for them to lose their opening two games having lost just three throughout the whole of last season.
Former Arsenal winger Paul Merson has offered his prediction ahead of the game and understandably he thinks there will be goals at the King Power with the two teams playing out an entertaining 2-2 draw.
He said in his column for Sky Sports:
Arsenal have to win this match. People will say there are still 36 games left after this, but you can’t afford to fall six points behind. Come the end of the season, playing catch-up takes its toll.
It’s a similar story for Leicester because you don’t want to start off as champions and lose your first two games. No one had ever lost their first game as champions, and if you then lose your next, all of a sudden your momentum has gone.
This is a big football match and I think there will be goals. Last season, Wes Morgan and Robert Huth blocked every shot they jumped in front of, and I don’t think that will happen again.
Arsenal can’t defend, we know that, so I’m going for a score draw.
PAUL PREDICTS: 2-2
It’s certainly going to be an intriguing game and I think it’s nailed on that either Vardy or Mahrez will score [probably both!] following our failed attempts to sign the duo this summer.
Losing doesn’t bare thinking about as the reaction from the fans will be horrific so I hope a draw is the least we get tomorrow evening. If you fancy us to win, then….