- Wenger criticises Arsenal star after poor display v Burnley
- [Video] Arsenal boss pushes official in tunnel following sending off
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Burnley: Xhaka flops, Sanchez shines
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Burnley: Last Gasp Sanchez panenka pen wins it
- Teams: Arsenal v Burnley: Bellerin on bench, Gabriel starts
- Preview: Arsenal v Burnley, team news, Giroud out + prediction
- [Photos] Injured Arsenal man snapped back in training today
- “It’s possible” – World class Arsenal target drops hint over move
- Confirmed: FA announce key Arsenal star has signed new contract
- [Photo] Banner of Alexis Sanchez’s dogs installed at Emirates
Arsenal in talks over £60m+ deal to sign superstar striker – reports
According to the Sun, Arsenal have opened talks with Bayern Munich over a sensational move for Robert Lewandowski with Arsene Wenger ready to spend over £60m to sign the striker.
The boss is trying to bring in a top class striker this summer but we’ve been frustrated in our pursuits of several names such as Jamie Vardy, Gonzalo Higuain, Alvaro Morata and Alexandre Lacazette.
The French international remains a target but the Sun claim that we’ll only move for the Lyon hitman if we can’t land one of our very ambitious prime targets; Lewandowski and Antoine Greizmann.
The newspaper says Arsene is desperate to sign a world class striker and has already made contact with Bayern to discuss a potential deal for Lewandowski – who’s future has become uncertain due to on-going contract talks.
The Polish international has yet to agree terms over a new deal and Bayern have already admitted they won’t pay the ‘crazy’ wages being offered by other top clubs throughout Europe.
It’s led to suggestions that the 27-year-old may look for a new challenge and the Sun claims that Wenger is prepared to pay over £60m to bring Lewandowski to the Emirates this summer.
If Bayern refuse to sell, the paper says that we’ve lined-up Greizmann as a potential alternative but any deal for the Frenchman will be extremely difficult given he signed a new deal with Atletico Madrid in June that saw his buyout increase to £85.5m.
Greizmann was outstanding at the Euro’s and linked-up superbly with Olivier Giroud so I’d love to see the pair doing their stuff at club level at Arsenal this season.
However, realistically, Atletico aren’t going to sell for anything less than his buyout and we aren’t going to pay £85.5m, so Lewandowski is the most ‘realistic’ of the two superstars.
I actually think the Pole would be the perfect striker to lead our attack but I’m not getting my hopes up. Why on earth would Bayern sell? They don’t need the money and there are no players around who could replace him, so I just don’t think we’ve got a chance of pulling this off.
It’s good to see Arsenal being ambitious and trying to sign the world best players but unfortunately we don’t have the financial power of clubs like Man Utd.
I still think Lacazette is the most realistic striker we’ll see arrive in North London this summer. He’s not a world class hitman like Lewandowski or Griezmann, but he’ll give us a much-needed option up front this season.