- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
- Ratings: Hat-trick hero Ozil shines as Arsenal thrash Ludogorets
- Video: Arsenal 6-0 Ludogorets: Ozil bags hat-trick in rout
- Teams: Arsenal v Ludogorets: Gibbs & Coquelin start
Arsenal expect to complete second signing over the coming days
According to the Mirror, Arsenal expect to wrap-up their second signing of the summer over the coming days with a surprise move for Japanese striker Takuma Asano.
Arsene Wenger is on the look out for another striker after missing out on Jamie Vardy and news broke earlier this week that we’d made a shock offer unknown forward Asano.
The 21-year-old, who currently plays for Sanfrecce Hiroshima, is regarded as one of his country’s brightest prospects after scoring 11 goals in 56 games to help his club win two J-League titles over the past four seasons.
Asano spoke out about Arsenal’s offer just yesterday after being quoted by the Evening Standard as saying that he was left ‘stunned’ after hearing of our interest but he intends to give 100% even if he’s sent out on loan.
“I was a little stunned [by Arsenal's offer] but I feel like I have the confidence to succeed wherever I go.
“If I am loaned elsewhere, my take on it is that I give it 100 percent.”
It looks like this deal could move swiftly as the Mirror claim that Arsenal expect to get a deal agreed soon with Arsene Wenger hoping to wrap things up over the coming days.
Asano is already a full Japanese international having scored one goal in his five caps so far and he’s known to have blistering pace and a great work ethic, so he should have a decent future ahead of him.
Obviously he isn’t the striker we’ve been waiting for the club to sign but fear not as the newspaper says we plan to send the youngster out on loan next season and Arsene is STILL in the market for a more established hitman.
The Mirror say we’ve already met with the agent of Alexandre Lacazette but are being put off by his £40m price tag while other reports continue to link us with the likes of Alvaro Morata and Gonzalo Higuain.
It’s certainly going to be interesting to see who we end up with [if anyone] but for now it looks as though Asano is going to be our second signing of the summer, following the arrival of Granit Xhaka earlier this summer.