- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
- Team news: Arsenal duo ruled out but key quartet return for Swansea
- Arsenal doing battle with Spurs to sign German attacker – reports
Arsenal ready to offer South American striker £120k-a-week deal
According to a report in the Express, Edinson Cavani wants to move to the Premier League this summer and Arsenal are ready to tempt him with a contract worth £120,000-a-week.
Cavani is a name that has long been inked with a move to Arsenal and the newspaper claims that he’s once again emerged as a top target for Arsene Wenger this summer after our deal for Jamie Vardy stalled.
The England international has decided to mull over his proposed £20m switch to the Emirates until after Euro 2016 after Leicester came in with an improved contract offer and it looks like we’ve decided to look in to alternative targets.
The Express suggest that Wenger will launch a move for Cavani if Vardy opts to remain at the King Power and will look to tempt the Uruguayan international with a contract worth £120,000-a-week.
Cavani has supposedly just turned down a lucrative move to China with the newspaper claiming the 29-year-old wants to come to the Premier League so we should have a decent chance of luring him to the Emirates if we do end up making our interest official.
The former Napoli hitman is a superb talent and scored 25 goals to help PSG land yet another domestic treble last season but understandably it looks like he wants a new challenge and I’d love to see him at Arsenal.
I’ve had my doubts over Vardy as like many I’m not sure he fits in to our style of play but Cavani could be perfect. He’s got the build to play up front on his own and has the pace we need to stretch defences, and I think he’d be a huge success in North London.
So if it was a straight choice between Vardy or Cavani, I’d go for the South American without hesitation. Vardy has had the cheek to ‘think’ about joining us, so let’s ditch that deal and go all-out for Cavani.