- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Arsenal in talks with Dortmund over deal for 23-goal star – report
According to the Armenian Press News Agency, Arsenal have entered negotiations with Borussia Dortmund over a potential deal for Henrikh Mkhitaryan after holding talks with his agent.
Mkhitaryan has just one year remaining on his current deal at Dortmund and has been in discussions over an extension in recent months but the newspaper claims that the decision has been made not to extend.
So it looks like he’ll be on the move this summer as Dortmund would be mad to let him enter the final year of his deal as they’d lose him for nothing in 12 months time.
And it appears Mkhitaryan could be heading to the Emirates as the Armenian Press News Agency claim that Arsenal are the most likely destination after opening negotiations with Dortmund over a potential deal.
It’s said that we approached the Bundesliga club after holding successful talks with Mkhitaryan’s agents, so he must be keen on coming to North London if we’ve taken the step to open formal negotiations.
Mkhitaryan has been touted in the press as a potential replacement for Alexis Sanchez with the British newspapers trying to make-out like the Chilean international is unhappy. However, I actually think we’ll be eyeing the Armenian star as a replacement for Theo Walcott.
Theo has endured a torrid few months and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him go and Mkhitaryan has played right-wing for Dortmund the last few years, so would be an excellent replacement.
The 27-year-old’s numbers this season are staggering as he’s scored 23 goals and provided 32 assists in all competitions, so an attacking trio of Mkhitaryan, Ozil and Sanchez would be frightening – especially if we had a world class striker to bury the chances that lot would create.
Let’s wait and see how much truth there is behind these reports but I’d absolutely love to see Mkhitaryan come to Arsenal this summer and think he’d be a huge hit at the Emirates.