- Revealed: When Wenger will announce his Arsenal future [report]
- [Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
Arsenal in talks with Dortmund over deal for 23-goal star – report
According to the Armenian Press News Agency, Arsenal have entered negotiations with Borussia Dortmund over a potential deal for Henrikh Mkhitaryan after holding talks with his agent.
Mkhitaryan has just one year remaining on his current deal at Dortmund and has been in discussions over an extension in recent months but the newspaper claims that the decision has been made not to extend.
So it looks like he’ll be on the move this summer as Dortmund would be mad to let him enter the final year of his deal as they’d lose him for nothing in 12 months time.
And it appears Mkhitaryan could be heading to the Emirates as the Armenian Press News Agency claim that Arsenal are the most likely destination after opening negotiations with Dortmund over a potential deal.
It’s said that we approached the Bundesliga club after holding successful talks with Mkhitaryan’s agents, so he must be keen on coming to North London if we’ve taken the step to open formal negotiations.
Mkhitaryan has been touted in the press as a potential replacement for Alexis Sanchez with the British newspapers trying to make-out like the Chilean international is unhappy. However, I actually think we’ll be eyeing the Armenian star as a replacement for Theo Walcott.
Theo has endured a torrid few months and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him go and Mkhitaryan has played right-wing for Dortmund the last few years, so would be an excellent replacement.
The 27-year-old’s numbers this season are staggering as he’s scored 23 goals and provided 32 assists in all competitions, so an attacking trio of Mkhitaryan, Ozil and Sanchez would be frightening – especially if we had a world class striker to bury the chances that lot would create.
Let’s wait and see how much truth there is behind these reports but I’d absolutely love to see Mkhitaryan come to Arsenal this summer and think he’d be a huge hit at the Emirates.