- “It’s possible” – World class Arsenal target drops hint over move
- Confirmed: FA announce key Arsenal star has signed new contract
- [Photo] Banner of Alexis Sanchez’s dogs installed at Emirates
- Key man returns, Giroud out: My Arsenal XI vs Burnley
- Key update on Arsenal’s pursuit of Serie A star, £36m deal agreed
- Wenger speaks out on reported interest in world class attacker
- Arsenal in talks over signing of Ligue 1 attacker
- Arsenal boss confirms star has signed deal until 2018
- Arsenal boss confirms quadruple injury boost but attacker ruled out
- Midfield ‘hardman’ reveals reason behind failed Arsenal move
Arsene Wenger heaps praise on midfielder amid reports of £20m move
According to the Mirror, Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has heaped praise on N’Golo Kante amid rumours he’s ready to trigger the Leicester City midfielders £20m release clause this summer.
Kante has been one of many huge success stories at Leicester this season with the 25-year-old’s tireless displays in the middle of the park playing a key role in the Foxes landing a shock Premier League title win.
The French international has understandably been attracting interest with Arsenal one of several clubs strongly linked with a move for the midfielder this summer.
French outlet RMC Sport reported last week that Wenger has made Kante one of his prime summer transfer targets and is ready to trigger a £20m release clause in his contract.
When quizzed about his interest in the energetic midfielder, Wenger praised Kante as being one of the best players in the Premier League this season and refused to deny that he’s considering making a move this summer.
Wenger is quoted as saying by the Mirror:
“I think he will play in the European Championships and for me he was one of the players of the year in the Premier League.”
“I cannot tell you anything now. He is under contract with Leicester. I am sure if Leicester want to sell him, they will find some buyers.”
I know Arsene likes to play his cards close to his chest when it comes to transfers but he didn’t do a very good job of hiding his admiration for Kante and I think that if the midfielder makes it clear he’s willing to leave Leicester, then Arsenal will be among the clubs battling for his signature.
With Mikel Arteta and Mathieu Flamini set to leave when their contracts expire next month, we need to sign a new defensive midfielder and Kante would be an excellent signing.
Leicester will no doubt be keen to keep hold of him but they won’t be able to offer the sort of wages we can put on the table and there is nothing they can do to stop him leaving if these reports of a £20m release clause are accurate.