- Arsenal overlooked by Sky as date confirmed for EFL Cup clash
- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains today but no sign of key duo
- Arsene Wenger: 3 key Arsenal players could miss Sunderland game
- Arsenal boss confirms huge injury blow but midfielder returns
- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
Arsenal eyeing £25m striker as one of 4 new signings this summer
According to the Mirror, Arsenal are eyeing a move for Inter Milan’s £25m-rated striker Mauro Icardi as Arsene Wenger looks to bring in FOUR new players this summer.
Wenger is set to stay on as manager, despite growing unrest among the clubs fanbase after a disappointing campaign, and it looks like the Frenchman is gearing up for a busy summer in the transfer market.
We’ve been crying out for Arsene to bring in a top class striker ever since Robin van Persie left four years ago and it looks like the boss is finally ready to oblige as the Mirror claim we’re eyeing a move for Mauro Icardi.
The Argentinean international is being tipped to leave Inter this summer, despite a solid season that’s seen him score 15 goals in 32 games, and the newspaper suggests the Italian outfit will cash-in at £25m – which seems a decent deal for a talented 23-year-old striker.
The Mirror claim that Icardi could be one of four new additions this summer as Wenger is supposedly also looking to bring in a new No.2 goalkeeper to replace David Ospina, a new centre-back and central midfielder – with Mikel Arteta, Mathieu Flamini and Tomas Rosicky are all set to leave.
It’s suggested in the report that Atletico Madrid’s 20-year-old defender Lucas Hernandez is on our radar while the club are also understood to be confident of completing a deal for Borussia Monchengladbach midfielder Granit Xhaka.
We’ll have to wait and see if any of these targets come off but I’d be pleased to see Icardi and Xhaka join the club this summer. Particularly Xhaka, as he’s a top class midfielder who would give us real depth in the middle of the park.
I’m not completely sold on Icardi yet and I’d prefer we went even bigger by targetting someone like Lewandowski, Benzema or Aubameyang, but if none of those marquee names are attainable then the Inter forward would be a solid back-up option.