- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
Arsenal Team News: Wenger confirms huge boost ahead of Norwich game
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has confirmed a huge boost ahead of our clash with Norwich City tomorrow with Santi Cazorla and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain pushing for recalls.
We welcome the Canaries to the Emirates desperately needing all three points to widen the gap on fifth-placed Manchester United and it looks as though we should see our squad strengthened further with the return of either Cazorla or The Ox.
Santi has been back in full training for the last two weeks after recovering from an Achilles injury that delayed his long-awaited comeback from a serious knee injury that he suffered, coincidentally, against Norwich back in November.
Oxlade-Chamberlain resumed full training last week after recovering from his own knee ligament injury that he picked up against Barcelona back in February, so he too is pushing for a recall.
Wenger has suggested that one of the two midfielders could be in the squad against Norwich tomorrow and the fact that Santi has been in full training for a week longer may make him favourite for a place on the bench.
However, Arsene has hinted that whoever misses out could get some competitive football under their belts for the under-21′s during their play-off game with Blackburn on Tuesday.
Wenger told Arsenal.com:
“We have to decide that at the weekend,”
“Let’s focus on tomorrow’s game and after that the players who do not play will have the opportunity to get some competition on Tuesday because we play at Emirates Stadium.
“One of [Cazorla or Oxlade-Chamberlain] could be involved against Norwich, I’ve not decided. But Cazorla has been back for two weeks with the team now and Alex is in his first week.”
It’s going to be great to see Cazorla back in the team as he’s been a HUGE miss over the past five months. I’ve said many times that if he’d stayed fit, I think we’d still be going for the title.
Unfortunately his return has come too late on that front but hopefully he can get some games in before the end of the season and head to the Euro’s in good shape.