- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
Arsenal given all-clear to sign ideal midfield target
According to the Mirror, Arsenal have been given the all-clear to push ahead with a move for N’Golo Kante after Leicester City told the midfielder he’s free to leave this summer as long as a replacement can be found.
Kante has been nothing short of a sensation this season (like many of his team mates to be fair) having joined the club from Caen last summer for just £5.6m and he was recently named in the PFA Team of the Season as well as being short-listed for the Player of the Year Award.
The 25-year-old’s tireless performances in the middle of the park have epitomized Leicester’s tenacious approach this campaign and he’s played a key role in their march towards the Premier League title.
However, Leicester’s success this season means they’re bracing themselves for interest in their top players and Kante has caught the eye of several top European clubs.
The Mirror name Arsenal as a potential suitor with Arsene Wenger identifying the French international as the man to solidify our midfield after another poor season that’s seen us fall away during the business end of the campaign.
We’ve now been handed a major boost in our pursuit as the newspaper suggests that Leicester have made it clear to Kante’s camp that he’s free to leave the club this summer as long as they can find a suitable replacement.
Claudio Ranieri recently admitted in the press that the Foxes may struggle to keep hold of their top talent this summer and even said they’d cash-in on Kante if he informed them he wanted to leave and a big offer came in.
With Mikel Arteta and Mathieu Flamini set to leave when their contracts expire in June, we need to bring in another holding midfielder and Kante would be a superb addition if we could lure him to North London.
The problem is, if Leicester are willing to sell, there is going to be plenty of interest with the Mirror claiming that the likes of Chelsea, Man City, Tottenham, Juventus and PSG are also keeping tabs on the midfielder.
So competition is going to be fierce but I hope we do all we can to win the race as Kante would be the ideal addition to our midfield as we lack the hunger and desire that he’s shown all season.