- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
- Arsenal face fight with Liverpool to land £50m star
- Euro giants accept Arsenal’s £25m attacker bid – reports
- Arsenal ready swoop for £30m Serie A attacker, player wants PL move
Arsenal plotting double swoop for Brazilian attackers – report
According to the Mirror, Arsenal are plotting a double swoop on Shakhtar Donetsk for Brazilian attacking duo Taison and Wellington Nem this summer.
Despite growing unrest among the Arsenal fanbase following another Premier League title collapse, Arsene Wenger is set to stay at the club and see-out the remaining year of his contract.
It looks like the boss is already planning ahead for next season as the Mirror are carrying a report claiming that Arsenal are lining-up a double swoop on Shakhtar for two of their Brazilian attackers.
Taison is probably the most well-known of the two with the 28-year-old impressing for the Ukrainian champions since joining in January 2013 and he reportedly came close to joining Chelsea last summer.
The attacking midfielder, who predominantly plays on the left side of attack, has scored 8 goals and has provided an impressive 15 assists in his 36 games this season, and it appears that form has attracted interest from Arsenal.
The second player we’re supposedly keen on is Wellington Nem, a 24-year-old attacking midfielder who has struggled to hold down a regular spot in the Shakhtar team and is expected to be sold this summer.
Wenger is set to clear out some of his squad at the end of the season with the likes of Theo Walcott and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain among those who’s future’s are uncertain at the club, and it looks like the boss has identified Taison and Nem as potential replacements for the English duo.
We’ll have to wait and see if anything comes of this speculation but I’d personally be surprised if we did end up signing both these players. Neither has any experience at playing in a top European league, never mind the Premier League, so it would be a big risk to sign both this summer.